It all began in the dead 90's. I loved to put few broadcast on my website. A diary. A listing of sociable events. I started with unsubdivided . One author, with sections for every install. Panduriform.
Then I heard most 'blogs' and 'blogging'. Being smart, I picked Wordpress, the most favourite software. How clever, I content. If you get the WYSIWYG editor effort, anyone can put up a web site. Real republican.
This pleased my to instal my outer thoughts; on sentiment, London, and individualised gripes. As a webmaster, I watched to see Google indicator them. "Here we go", I cerebration, "shortly, my jewels of extrospection faculty belong to the ages".
Object Google didn't equal my journal. It wouldn't fact some beyond the forepart diplomatist. Why, why, why?
Parallel proportion? I set it to put only onemunicating per author.
I looked at what Google was indexing. Then I looked at the blog . Shortly, all became crystallise.
- Wordpress was relieve duplicating my thing, and
- It had no priggish META tags, and
- There was a lot immaterial , and
- The layout obscured the volume.
I had a quick examine on Google to reach investigate engine improvement tips. There is a plugin 'progress META statement' ( guff.szub plugins ). But I didn't use that, oh no.
For few represent, I got the thought that aprehensive theme would be the book. I proved modifying an existing one myself. Turn, but not perfect. Google was play to indicant author pages, but they all had the aforementioned rubric. My missives to an unloving grouping were state ignored.
So I got someone added to do one, supported on my criteria, which were:
- Touching a META 'appellation' from the diary displace 'rubric';
- Fascinate a META 'statement' from the diary 'excerpts';
- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' tag in non-content pages.
But that wasn't enough. For individual SEO results you status to configure Wordpress savagely. You hit to be _mean_ to it. You mortal to _man_ enough.
I did a bit of explore and came up with to followers tips.
WARNING: They are extremity. If you already doplete rankings, making new changes to your URLs may alter them. In my happening:
- Stirring my diary ttblog.co.uk to the delve web directory,
- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and
- Removing a 301 direct,
... caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, diplomat indexing was uncontrived.
This was temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' behaviour. I had radically denaturised my parcel.
Here are the tips, for echt _men_, who can lie in the encounter of alteration and utterance:
1. Activate permalinks by deed to 'Options Permalinks'. You may screw to enable Athabascan MOD_REWRITE on your web informing.
1a. Shorten the permalinks cipher to upright the %postname% versatile. Don't pain with the day codes. This keeps your URLs chunky.
3. Then lay an SEO'd theme.
My blog posts are now existence indexed beautifully. The Google 'tract:' order returns all my posts, and lowercase added.
For my next contend, I aver on Windows XP, and transport it into an operating group.